We can run and manage a range of bespoke projects that contribute to improved health and social care services. These include:
- The production of easy to use high quality resources – training packs, audits, films, animations.
- Development of training courses
- Mentoring of Social Care Managers
- Providing support for CQC Inspections
Our client’s include: The National Dignity Council, Age UK West Cumbria, South Lakeland Registered Managers Network, Workforce Research Unit at Kings College London
If you have an idea for a project or a piece of work, please contact us to discuss it.
Reducing Police Call-Outs Involving People With Dementia
We have a contract with the Cumbria Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner with the aim of reducing repeat police calls involving individuals with dementia who haven’t committed a crime.
After attending Dementia Awareness training that specifically related to the role of police personnel and helped front line staff:
- understand how to approach a person with dementia
- learn more about the importance of the feelings of a person with dementia
- communicate more effectively and build trust
Officers get family permission to make a referral to Dignity in Dementia. We then visit and using our Emotional Trigger Assessment processes, observation and in-depth personal history work, seek to find the triggers that led to the behaviour that resulted in the police call-out. We then suggest simple strategies to reduce the frequency or avoid the behaviours recurring.